Purchases and Sales of Businesses on Staten Island
Buying or selling an existing business can be a way to expand your business operations, or to leave the business world altogether. Whatever the reason for undertaking a purchase or sale of a business, our Staten Island, New York, lawyers can help. We make sure that the transaction is accomplished in a timely way, that all legal documents are correctly prepared, and that you are receiving the value, either in money or in equity in the business, that you were promised.
Our attorneys understand the business climate and know the key players in the Staten Island business community. Since our founding in 1977, we have helped many local businesses expand while helping others cease operations. To learn how we can assist you with the purchase or sale of a business, contact us at Corash & Hollender, P.C. We have helped people acquire franchises, mom-and-pop operations, manufacturing concerns, and many other types of businesses. Our lawyers have also assisted business people who seek to expand through a merger with an existing company. In either case, our law firm has the experience and knowledge to make your transaction as smooth as possible.
Some of the services we provide to clients buying or selling a business include:
- Conducting due diligence to be sure that the business has been accurately described, including reviewing all the books and records, inspecting the physical facility, and determining that there are no potential operational problems that have not been disclosed
- Advising clients on disclosure of any negatives in a business being sold such as pending lawsuits
- Helping clients identify sources of financing
- Analyzing the tax implications of purchasing or selling a business
- Drafting purchase and sale agreements
- Ensuring that contracts, employee files and other documentation is current
- Representing clients during negotiations over the terms of payment, valuation and other matters
- Connecting clients with business appraisers to value the company for pricing
- Ensuring that all New York requirements for selling or buying a business are met
Contact Our New York City Lawyers for Help With Purchase and Sale Agreements
Contact our Staten Island law firm to discuss your plan for buying or selling a business. Our lawyers have undertaken many similar transactions since our founding in 1977, and are in an excellent position to advise you. Call 718-442-4424.
Free Initial Consultation — Credit Cards Accepted
The secret to our success is that we care about our clients