A Tradition Of Caring And Compassionate Representation For Staten Islanders
- Real Estate Law
- Business Organizations
- Business & Commercial Law
- Wills and Estate Administration and Probate
- Certified Mediator
With over 50 years' experience advising businesses and solving problems, Richard Corash is considered one of the Deans of Staten Island attorneys. Under his stewardship, the practice has grown from a solo general practice of the 1960's to one of Staten Island's most respected law firms.
Through the years Corash has honed his skills in the area of representation and counseling of individuals and businesses, particularly in real estate, business agreements, and resolution of complex estate and probate disputes. His work includes real estate sales and financing for businesses. He has represented purchasers and lenders in SBA and conventional financing for business and real estate transactions. In addition, he represents financial institutions, firms in the construction industry, along with a number of prominent real estate brokers and owners.
His practice is largely focused on guiding business owners through complex transactional matters and resolving disputes without the need for litigation, as well as corporation shareholder agreements and LLC operating agreements with valuation, buyout, and asset protection provisions.
He has excelled at negotiating resolution of complex family disputes relating to estates. His years of experience in guiding business owners through partnership disputes, real estate and construction issues have brought him to the peak of reputation in Staten Island, among both attorneys and clients when a difficult business matter presents itself.
Corash is an active member of the Richmond County Bar Association. Since 1985, Corash has served as Grievance Committee Member and was Chairman for 15 years. He was previously appointed as Commercial and Construction Arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association. He has been recognized in Who's Who in American Law and is a member of the New York State Bar Association.
A 1959 graduate of Harpur College SUNY Binghamton, he received his J.D. from Rutgers University in 1963 and an M.L. from Brooklyn Law School in 1966. He is admitted to practice in the State of New York, the District of Columbia and the United States Supreme Court.
- New York, 1964
- District of Columbia, 1964
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1972
- Who's Who in American Law
- 2003 Recipient of Richmond County Bar Association's Meritorious Service Award for 18 years of service as chairman of its Grievance Committee
- Grievance Committee
Classes & Seminars
- Lecturer: topics relating to Grievance procedure and minimizing exposure to Grievances
- Siclare Corporation
- Charleston Capital Corporation
- Richmond Elevator Corp.
- Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Inc., Loan Closing Counsel
- Morgan Stanley Dean Witter, Loan Closing Counsel
- Nationsbanc, Loan Closing Counsel
- Washington Mutual Bank, F.A., Loan Closing Counsel
- Novus Financial, Loan Closing Counsel
- First Union Mortgage Corporation, Loan Closing Counsel
- Chase Manhattan Mortgage, Loan Closing Counsel
- Merrill Lynch, Loan Closing Counsel
- Homeside Lending Corp., Loan Closing Counsel
- Coast Guard Federal Credit Union, Loan Closing Counsel