A Tradition Of Caring And Compassionate Representation For Staten Islanders

Attorneys Of Corash & Hollender, P.C.

New York Immigration Attorneys

Since our founding in 1977, the lawyers of Corash & Hollender, P.C., have been building a legal practice based on three simple principles. We treat our clients with respect, we listen to their concerns with care and compassion, and we work with them to develop cost-effective solutions.

Today, we apply these guiding principles to our immigration practice. When you bring your immigration matters to our office, our attorneys will take the time to listen to your concerns. We understand what is at stake — and we provide the personal attention you need and deserve.

Contact our offices today to schedule a confidential consultation with an experienced immigration lawyer.

Providing Effective Representation for Immigration Law Matters

We provide a wide range of immigration law services, helping clients to secure green cards or visas, or to apply for U.S. citizenship.

  • Green cards: A green card provides lawful permanent residence, allowing a foreign national to live and work in the United States permanently. Generally, there are two ways to acquire a green card; you can apply if you have a family member who is a United States citizen or a lawful permanent resident, or you can apply if you have sponsorship from an employer.
  • Visas: If you or someone you love is interested in traveling to the United States, we can help you secure a visa for entry. Although a visa alone does not permit entry into the United States, it is an essential step in the process of traveling to the United States. Visas are generally granted for a variety of purposes, such as tourism, medical treatment, study or work.
  • Citizenship: Applying for United State citizenship can be a complicated and lengthy process. We help guide clients through the bureaucracy of the application process, to reduce the stress of such an application.

Permanent Residency

There are two ways to obtain permanent residency (green card) in the United States:

  • Through a family member
  • Through a job

Many people get green cards through family members. You may be eligible to get a green card as:

  • A spouse, unmarried child under the age of 21 or a parent of a U.S. citizen 21 years of age or older
  • An unmarried child over the age of 21, a married child of any age, or a brother or sister of a U.S. citizen 21 years of age or older
  • A spouse or unmarried child of the sponsoring green card holder
  • A member of a special category (for example: a widower of a U.S. citizen or a battered spouse or child)

You may be eligible to get a green card through a job.


According to the United States government, naturalization is the process by which U.S. citizenship is granted to a foreign citizen or national after he or she fulfills the requirements established by Congress in the Immigration and Nationality Act. To qualify for naturalization you must:

  • Be a permanent resident for at least five years and meet all other eligibility requirements; or
  • Be a permanent resident for three years or more and meet all eligibility requirements to file as a spouse of a U.S. citizen; or
  • Be a child of a U.S. citizen who is currently residing abroad if additional eligibility requirements are met.

Extending Your Status

If you want to extend your stay in the United States, you must file a request with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services before your authorized stay expires. If you remain in the United States longer than authorized, you may be barred from returning and/or you may be removed (deported) from the United States. Check the date in the lower right-hand corner of your Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record, to determine the date your authorized stay expires.

You may apply to extend your stay if:

You were lawfully admitted into the United States with a nonimmigrant visa

Your nonimmigrant visa status remains valid

You have not committed any crimes that make you ineligible for a visa

You have not violated the conditions of your admission

Your passport is valid and will remain valid for the duration of your stay

You may not apply to extend your stay if you were admitted to the United States in the following categories:

Visa Waiver Program

Crew member (D nonimmigrant visa)

In transit through the United States (C nonimmigrant visa)

In transit through the United States without a visa (TWOV)

Fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen or dependent of a fiancé(e) (K nonimmigrant visa)

Informant (and accompanying family) on terrorism or organized crime (S nonimmigrant visa)

In addition to our adept handling of immigration matters, clients often choose our firm because of the comprehensive nature of our legal practice. After resolving your immigration matters, we can help you address any other legal matters you may encounter — including the purchase of real estate, the formation of a business, the need to file bankruptcy or the creation of estate planning documents.

What our firm offers is a “legal resource center” for all legal needs of a client. Whatever attorney they start with, they will know that “we listen…we care…we help” is not just a slogan: it’s the way we practice law. What makes our firm different is that, unlike lawyers who practice only immigration law, our firm wants to be “your attorneys for life.” Once our immigration lawyer solves your first problem, he will be there to introduce you to our other attorneys who can assist you with each new legal matter you encounter in the years ahead. The relationship you develop with our immigration attorney will not be ended with the solution to your immigration problem. He will be there, with our other experienced attorneys, to consult with and help guide you through life’s other legal challenges and experiences. With thousands of satisfied clients who regularly refer friends and family, Corash & Hollender, P.C., is a place where caring legal professionals in all fields, will be there to provide ongoing assistance with all your legal matters, in all stages of your life.

Contact Our Staten Island Lawyers for Citizenship Matters

When you need the advice of a knowledgeable lawyer for any of your legal concerns, contact our offices to schedule a confidential consultation with our skilled immigration attorney. Call 718-691-1669.

Paid Consultations Only Credit Cards Accepted

The secret to our success is that we care about our clients.